Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Fighting SSDD (Same Shit Different Day)

I don’t want to watch a lot of television. Watching other people live their fake lives is a tremendous waste of a real one, in my opinion. So, I bought Dan Brown’s “Digital Fortress” last Saturday and finished reading it last night. Really good stuff – kept me awake until 1 o’clock in the morning. Next in my list - Paulo Coelho’s new book “The Winner Stands Alone.” Hope somebody can just lend it to me or can we swap? I’m really broke.

I only got four hours of sleep and feeling a little edgy. While having my mental shampoo, thinking random thoughts – Maricar Reyes… biking…. dance in the rain, nude…. my shoe needs repair… poisoning my neighbor’s noisy dog… what to blog…. fly…... – then I suddenly realize, Oh my gums!! I’m having SSDD again (Same Shit Different Day.)

So before going to work, I think of ten positive things I’m going do today to – at least inspire me – and survive this goddamn crazy toxic SSDD week.

Here’s my list:

1. I must do my best at work. Make today my crowning achievement!! Huh, hard stuff eh. If my boss didn’t even notice it, well I know a day will come when this office can no longer hold me…. and some other boss will beg me to work for them. He he he. I know I will not get a raise next week based on my great performance this week or today, success still demands that I continue to perform daily. Long term reward comes in the long term. Think “Kaizen” yodz, …..kaizen kaizen…. kaizen.

2. Recognize someone else and try to put a smile on some faces. If I can’t make them smile, then it’s their fucking problem!!! not mine!!! Smile! Smile!

3. Take some time off if I need to – there might be some roses around work that need licking, errr … smelling.

4. Find out about someone else… (my new online Multiply friend is kindda cute and intriguing.) Maybe my long wait for a chinita girl will soon be over… hopefully. Huh, this love bug again..

5. Call someone I haven’t talked to in a while.

6. Listen to my 10-minute meditation (via my mp3 player) again. Haven’t done it in a while.

7. Look in the mirror. Take positive affirmations… I’m good, I’m a cool person…. I should recognize it. It’s true… It’s true.. he he.

8. Edit my thesis manuscript – it’s gathering dust you lazy son of a farmer!

9. Look at my victory log – and do something today to add to it.

10. Laugh. – wa ha ha ha, he he he, hik hik hik.
Hmmmm, I love rainy days – never fails making my thoughts go berserk.

6 C O M M E N T S:

rel='nofollow'> Mokong™ Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:17:00 PM

Love Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code & Angels & Demons...Digital Fortress hindi ko pa nababasa...mukhang mganda nga sya...try ko ngang basahin yan tol....wala din ako hilig manood ng local tv shows...puro dvd series lang at movies!

rel='nofollow'> Bing Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:05:00 AM

Hindi ko pa nabasa ang “Digital Fortress”, makahanap nga ng book na yan :)

rel='nofollow'> manilenya Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:16:00 AM

Right now, hindi ako nakakapagblog dahil sa pagbabasa ng book saka tinititigan ko yung hilera ng mga book ko lalo na't may sarili na silang lugar sa kwarto ko lol!

I remember I made five list of what I want to do after I die, that sounds scary lol! but that's what written on my five good minutes book, in which I am supposed to be reading every morning before I start my day, parang katulad din nitong 10 lists mo :)

Salamat sa bisita.

rel='nofollow'> Yodz Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:10:00 PM

hello Manilenya, thanks sa visit,
I'm planning a book swap sana with fellow book readers, kaya lang walang time.
thanks sa visit.
Have a nice rainy day to all.

rel='nofollow'> r-yo Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:24:00 PM

so it's still raining there? rain really makes one meditate eh? he he. SSDD, that's new!

rel='nofollow'> Tours with Shoki Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:13:00 PM

wow,great searching, amazing....must vist this and share comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About the Blogger

Yodi Insigne
Yodi de Veas Insigne is one of those delusional sorts who imagines himself a useful contributor to the greater blogosphere (Well, that's what he's trying to accomplish).

He started blogging for three reasons:

1. He always felt he has something important to say,
2. Books can make him cry, and cliff jumping can make him high,
3. He want to sleep at night.

He is a self-certified bookworm, travel junkie, shutterbug, movie freak, Mangyan hiker who sleeps a lot and think a lot. He got a little vice, which is black coffee and cashew nuts. He got colorblindness on yellow and green - and he freaking loves it!

Connect with Yodi

Let us connect on FacebookLet us connect on TwitterSubscribe to posts via RSS Watch my Videos

Enter your email address: