So we’ve already successfully visited Ilocos Norte’s major tourist destinations starting from Laoag to Pagudpud going to Batac. Based on our Ilocos Tour Itinerary, our final destination before heading back to Manila is the famous Calle Crisologo in Vigan City – yep, we saved the best for last.
|Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur (Laoag - Vigan) Tourist Map - CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW LARGER MAP|
Here are the five interesting places in Ilocos that you can quickly visit on your way out going to Manila:
1. ILOCOS NORTE SAND DUNES – The Desert of the North
|Ilocos Norte Sand Dunes|
We got lost looking for this place and when we saw some sandy hills, we just took pictures and immediately leave because we can’t stand the heat.
2. MALACAÑANG PALACE OF THE NORTH
Along the lazy shores of Paoay Lake stands an imposing structure that remains true to the old-rich Spanish architecture of the province — the Malacañang of the North, also known in the local dialect as Malacañang ti Amianan.
|Back Entrance of the Malacañang of the North|
3. PAGBURNAYAN POTTERY
|Potter showing his skills|
|Finished clay pots ready for shipment|
|Curio items outside the pottery|
4. BALUARTE – Chavit Singson’s Zoo
|Baluarte ni Chavit - Main Ground|
|Showy Rare White Peacock is the favorite among the animals|
5. The HIDDEN GARDEN in Vigan
|Beautiful ornamental plants at the Hidden Garden|
|Hidden Garden Cafe and Restaurant serving Ilocos cuisine|
There are other interesting places you can visit in Vigan City, such as the Father Jose Burgos Museum, Mirra Hills and St. Paul Cathedral if you have time. But if you are on a two-day guerilla tour like us, you might want to trim the list down. Of course you wouldn’t want to miss Calle Crisologo which is the most famous (and overrated) tourist spot in Vigan.
On my next post, I will be sharing my memory lane walk at Calle Crisologo, which will be the last post on this Ilocos Tour series. Stay tuned!
Planning an Ilocos Tour?
You might want to check out my detailed account of our Ilocandia Time Travel Series
- Ilocos Tour » Laoag-Pagudpod-Vigan Impromptu Weekend Getaway
- Ilocos Tour – Laoag, City of Sunshine » Waking up in the Sparkling Gem of Ilocandia
- Ilocos Tour » Sinking Bell Tower and McDonalds’ Rising Golden Arch
- Cape Bojeador Lighthouse » Death of Elegance, Creepy Tales and A Spark of Wisdom
- Bangui Windmills » Catching Scattered Memories Beyond the Wind
- Pagudpud Beach in Saud, Ilocos Norte » Detecting Your Average Summer Happiness Level
- Kabigan Falls, Pagudpud Ilocos Norte » The Best Lazy Trekking to Waterfalls in Ilocandia
- Jun and Carol Beach Resort Review » Affordable Pagudpud Beach Front Accommodation
- Patapat Viaduct and Kalbario Patapat Natural Park » Pagudpud Tricycle Tour Pit Stop
- Magical Blue Lagoon and the Cascading Agua Grande » Pagudpud Tricycle Tour Pit Stop
- Allegory of the Bantay-Abot Cave and Timmangtang Rock » Is there such a thing as end-of-the-road?
- Batac City, Ilocos Norte » Understanding the Final Argument of a Dictator's Town
- Paoay Church in Ilocos Norte » Architectural Heresy and Our Obsession with Heritage
- Calle Crisologo Vigan Ilocos Sur » Sojourn to the Past
- Best Pasalubong from Ilocos
» Laoag Vigan Tourist map courtesy of EZMaps